Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Fiancé Hat

I know I just wrote about Dave getting a hat not too long ago, but that hat was made a year ago now. And it seems to have become a tradition that I knit him a hat each year - so before I got going on any more baby projects (or perhaps a hat/scarf for myself), I thought I'd give Dave another option for keeping his ears warm. Winter has barely started and Dave already wears a hat everyday, so I'm happy for him to have one more home made one to choose from.

The name for this post comes from the original pattern name - The Boyfriend Hat. I used this pattern except knit it longer (7inches before I started decreasing) in an attempt to cover his ears - I was almost successful! I think as he wears it and it stretches a little, it will fit perfectly, but for now he may have to keep tugging it to cover his entire ears. I also CO 110 stitches instead of 100 - which worked out fine with the decreases for the crown. I used 4.5mm needles - I tried 5mm and the gauge seemed too loose.

I used Patons Classic Wool in Forest - of course it had to match the scarf I worked so hard on so I was sticking to the green/brown colours.

Here it is:


And the back:


The project went together much faster than I thought - I was motivated to have it done for Fibers on Friday and I am surprised it's Wednesday and I'm done.

Thanks to Stephanie for such a great pattern!

1 comment:

  1. Great job~! I used that same yarn for a hat for my husband :-) They have a blue version that's nice, too! Now do something for yourself, and I can't wait to see it!

    Thank you for linking this up to Fibers on Friday!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete