Thursday, November 25, 2010

Jersey Scarf

In addition to the knitting needle case for Adam, I also had this jersey material I had pictured making into a cozy, cozy scarf because he is known to wear a scarf as his signature wardrobe piece.


While I love the finished product, I must confess this project was not as easy or fun to make as I thought it would be. I have not worked much with stretchy fabric and I am not sure if it's the thread I chose, the stitch I used or what but the thread kept breaking as I was sewing and it became tedious to repeatedly re-thread the machine. Luckily, Adam looks smashing in the scarf and it all worked out in the end.

I had 2 jersey fabrics - one solid and one striped. The scarf is reversible and where there is a striped piece, it is backed by a solid and vice versa. The finished scarf measures about 95 inches long and 12-14 inches wide. It's huge but allows for two full wraps around the neck and with the double layer of fabric Adam has reported it passes the cozy test! A good reminder that a challenging project is often worth the perseverance in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment