Friday, October 29, 2010

Lily's Blanket

I came up with the idea for this blanket while driving home from work one day - and once I had the thought, I knew I had to make it happen!

I knew I could use this pattern for the letters but then I had to invent my own butterfly pattern that would match the size - it took a few tries but I got it right in the end. I'll do a separate post with that pattern.


 I used Bernat Satin Yarn and size 4.5mm needles. Once all the squares were put together I decided to crochet the border using two strands of the pink yarn held together. This made a nice think edging and brought all the colours together.

This blanket traveled a fair bit before it was done - I started knitting it on a weekend near Parry Sound, ON and it went with me on a work trip to Austin & Dallas, TX.

I love the finished product, and wee Lily seems to be enjoying it too - yes that is her in the photo below, not a doll!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! It's beautiful!!

    Thank you for linking up to Fibers on Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beth! I think it is one of my best knitting projects yet!

    ReplyDelete