Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cute Baby Hat

One of my very best friends, Amy, just had her second baby - a perfect little girl named Kyra Ann born on September 27. I was looking for something unique and cute to whip up for this sweet baby girl and when I came across this pattern I could not resist. I knew the hat would be simple and the addition of the flower would be a good challenge for me to try out something new!




I took the hat to Kyra this morning (and got to have such a lovely cuddle with her!) and although I made the "preemie/small newborn" size, she will still need to grow into it. I can't wait to see the cutie in it!

The flower is made from an I-cord - which I had never tried before. Very simple to do, yet adds such a nice addition to the hat. Although the thought of knitting in the round with 4 needles is not always my favourite, I really do love the product in the end.

Now I need to figure out how to modify the pattern for my four year old niece who has requested a pink hat with light purple flower.


4 comments:

  1. So pretty!! (BTW, you've got the same blog template as me....love it!)

    I'd love to have you join my knitting/crochet party on Fridays, called Fibers on Friday! Come check it out!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting - I am very excited to join in Fibers on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute hat! You've done it beautifully!

    I only crochet, so I'm always very impressed by those that can knit.

    Found you through Fibers on Friday.
    http://im-in-the-loop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking to Fibers on Friday!! Have a great weekend!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete