Monday, February 21, 2011

Yoga Mat Bag


I bought this Ikea Duvet at Value Village almost a year ago because I just love how colourful and cute it was. I have been savouring it for the perfect project and this weekend the idea came to me! I've been really wanting a mat for my yoga mat. I don't go to yoga often - in fact I've never been to a yoga class. But I do go to Goodlife's version of Yoga - "Bodyflow". I have been wanting to take my own mat but just couldn't get motivated to carry it without a bag. I read an article in a magazine in January about how germ infested the gym's yoga mats are...and that really got my more motivated to get a bag.

I used this tutorial but it is not a very beginner-friendly tutorial so strayed from the instructions as I went. I added a button hole for the drawstring (my first buttonhole!).


I did not end up using a round piece of fabric for the base - I just sewed it up because I tested it out and the mat still fit fine. I had the fabric cut but sewing it seemed like more of a hassle than it was worth.

I also sewed the strap into the seam - I cannot tell from that tutorial how it is attached, but this seemed the most logical to me - And I just stitched back and forth multiple times to reinforce the seam.


I am just loving how cute it all turned out - I can't wait to go to class and use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment