Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baby Boom 2011

February 21 is Family Day here in Ontario...and I thought what better way to spend the day than preparing gifts for my friends and family with growing families this year! I made a list a few weeks ago and I think I know about 15 people who will be having babies in 2011 - what an unbelievable number! So, I hunkered down and spent most of the day sewing.
This cute monkey blanket is my final craft for "Pay it Forward 2011" (post about this to come soon) - so it is going to a friend of a friend. I just love the monkey fabric.


These fuzzy ones are going to my fiance's cousin in Edmonton, AB who just had twins yesterday! As I was about to start sewing the news came that the babies had arrived quickly and safely - it was clearly meant to be for me to sew these for them!

I made a few taggy blankets - not sure who these are for yet!

Overall, a great day of sewing. And my yoga pants had the fluff to prove I'd spent the day handling lots of flannel :)

1 comment: