Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Something Festive!

A couple months ago my cousin sent me this link:http://www.blogher.com/customizable-fabric-scrap-wreath and I was inspired to make a Christmassy version!

I got a metal frame at Michaels for about $5 and then went to Fabricland where all the holiday cottons were on sale in the month of November. I choose 11 designs and had them cut the minimum amount - 4inches - of each. That only cost about $7 - so for only $12 I had my supplies ready to go. 

All I had to do was cut the strips and tie them on to the frame - which sounds easy - but took about 3 hours! Thankfully I just put on some good tv and got it done :) 

I've noticed since there are lots of blogs where people used a metal coat hanger, which you could also do but I really liked the depth the store bought metal frame added.

Oh and the moose in the centre was also from Michaels - part of a felt garland that I cut apart and made into some ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment