Friday, March 11, 2011

Anthropology Knock Off Necklace

One of my very favourite craft blogs is Sew Much Ado and my very favourite part is the We Did it Wednesday link party where everyone posts what they made! I get many of my ideas from this link party. On Wednesday this necklace was highlighted and I knew I had to try it out - a different kind of craft for me to do.

If you ever did Boondoggle (see below) as a kid at camp (or in my case, day care) ...you could easily do this project! 


See - it's very similar. 


 


The tutorial on Yellow Blackbird is very easy to follow - I think the ribbon used in that one may have been better than my choice. A ribbed ribbon would be less slippery and make for a more unified looking accordion.

What I cannot get over is Anthropology's price tag on this necklace!! I think this necklace cost me max $15 to make! 

I'm not sure it goes with every outfit as Yellow Blackbird's author claims...I felt I needed to dress in a plain outfit so the necklace would be the attention seeking piece....but I know many others could rock this on a daily basis! 

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you tried my tutorial. I guess it depends on your style if you want to wear the necklace with everything or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think you are far more fashionable than me Aubree - you can pull it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how it came out with the satin ribbon!! My sister and I actually used grosgrain as in the tutorial, but thought satin would be a better choice of ribbon. Here is what we made: http://saltandpepperkristen.blogspot.com/2011/03/ribbon-necklace.html
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete